Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Daily reflection #2

What did I do today?
Today I researched Lacrosse history and found a good article here (under history of Lacrosse).

What did I try to learn today?
I tried to learn how it started, how it evolved, and what they used it for.

Lacrosse dates back to the 1800's. Did not become generally known until the 1600's. Indians play it as a mass sport 100 to 1000 player on each side, goals were usually 1/2 a mile apart. The games would last from sun up to sun down. Used to toughen Indians for real combat, and used to settle disputes or differences. In the early 1900's lacrosse was in the Olympics and it became a more popular sport. In 1926 the United States Intercollegiate Lacrosse Association was formed and is still governing lacrosse today.

Any new Questions?
  • I would like to know more about the Olympics.
  • And more about how the Indians played it.

Today I feel good about my project because I got a lot of work done and I answered a lot of my questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment