Thursday, March 10, 2011

daily reflection #3

What did I do today?
Today I found an okay article on IPL it is here.

What did I try to find out?
I tried to find the history of Lacrosse.

Today I found out that there are three basic types of lacrosse, the southeastern, Great Lakes, and Iroquoian. A double stick version is also still played were a player uses two two-and-a-half-foot sticks instead of one. Indians were still considered professionals of lacrosse until the 1980's only then where they allowed to play in the world games. Indians played it very religiously. In the 1900's some people thought that lacrosse interfered with church and gave Indians a impoverishing effect. When Oklahoma Choctaw began putting lead weights on their sticks the game was admittedly banned. Meanwhile nonnative lacrosse was being spread around and that is what we play today.

Any new questions?
Which country has the best lacrosse team?
What countries play Lacrosse as there country's sport?

No one helped me.

Today I fell good a bout my research because I answered a lot of my questions.

1 comment:

  1. Matt, I think that the topic of lacrosse is very informational. I wanted to get into lacrosse and play on a team when I go to high school. It seems like a lot of fun and you have a lot of good information. Good luck with the rest of your project.

    ReplyDelete